Friday 11 May 2012

NWFA

Finally gotten the archive film from the NWFA. It was strange to call and ask for permission to use the films from the copyright holders. They were very interested in what I might be doing with the films, and one woman became quite emotional about it. I promised to send her the finished film so she could see it. Working with archive footage isn't something I've done a lot of. The problem will be integrating the drawn animations and the collage films with the archive stuff. I'm hoping the fragmented nature of a film about dreams and histories will lend itself well to using various animation methods. Either that or it'll be very confusing. Or both.

Inervtdee1

Also, I think I've managed to combine live action with animation in a shot of Dr Dee in Manchester  Cathedral. Looks kinda spooky, anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment